Many of you must have received the below error “Error in Json structure validation” while uploading Json file on GST portal. This error signifies that the structure of Json file, where in you have inserted the data is not generated as per the requirement of GST portal.
1) First of all Download the latest utility from the GST portal related to your particular GST return.
Utility for GSTR – 1 & GSTR 2 Return
Utility for GSTR 3B Return
Utility for GSTR 4 Return
Utility for ITC 04 Return
2) Extract the utility and Install the GST offline tool.exe.
3) Open your excel return template and fill in all the required data.
4) Open the offline tool, select import files and import your excel return file.
5) if you still get error then next alternate option is to “select Section” under import Excel and then choose to “Copy Excel”.
6) After clicking on “Copy excel” another window will open, wherein you have to copy your whole section of that particular return and paste in the above window. Please note that you must copy the headers also of that particular section from your excel template.
I hope the above solution will resolve the issue. If you still face this error, please leave a comment below and we will try to resolve it further from our side.
DO Not Edit JSON File Manually
If you are manually opening and editing the JSON file, you will face a similar error. Therefore, follow the above procedure to correct your data in the uploaded JSON file rather than modifying the JSON manually. Here is the official video from GSTN.
If you find the error “Failed to establish a connection to the server. Restart emsigner when signing in your GST return or application to DSC, then try the following. more
Are you filing your GST returns on time?. If not check out here to know when to file your GST returns. Do not ignore filing GST returns on time. more
The GST number of your customer and vendor plays a very important role in the GST system. You must ensure the number given to you is correct. more
As a GST registered person, your frequent question will be how to file GSTR9 online. There is a complete step-by-step guide to filing your GSTR9 annual return under GST. more
Know about the Input Tax Credit system in GST before you avail of GST credit on all your goods and services. more