The GST login portal is an online website by the Government of India. The registered GST taxpayer can visit the GST portal at https://www.gst.gov.in/ and login into the website with a user id and password. Thus, the GST login portal can be used by millions of taxpayers to pay taxes under the GST system in India. A person can make online registration for GST through this portal. Similarly, after registering the taxpayer can file GST returns, take the input tax credit, apply for a GST refund, and much more.
In order to login into the GST portal, one needs to have a valid username and password. One can obtain a GST username and password by registering on GST Portal. Also, the taxpayer can reset the GST portal login password from the home page. Similarly, new applicants can check the GST TRN login status before signing in.
Check our article on www GST gov in’s official website for GST by the Government of India. Read more about the Goods and Services Tax Login portal and access Online Information below.
If you have not yet applied for GST registration, follow our GST Registration steps to get your GST Registration number. However, before you proceed with GST registration, kindly ensure that you have all the necessary documents for the GST registration of the proprietor. You may proceed to read the GST portal login for further steps after submitting your online GST Registration application.
This article will tell you how to log in to the GST portal after submitting the GST Registration application. This chapter includes pre & post-GST login and log-in by TRN.
GST Login Portal
One of the best features of GST in India is that it comes with an online website hosted by the Government of India for its taxpayers. Therefore, those days are gone when the taxpayers were waiting for the officer to come to the office to discuss the matters.
Similarly, waiting in a queue to submit the monthly/quarterly returns to the department officials is also gone. Also, one has to wait in the queue even in banks to make the payment of taxes. Thus, the GST portal is an online website to perform all such major activities through the internet like obtaining GST registration, filing returns, making payments, tax refunds, etc.
Read >> mahagst login portal
GST Login for New user
Pre-GST login is a process where a person can track the status of the application without having login details. A person gets his ARN number after submitting an online GST Registration application. To view the status of your ARN without login into GST Portal, perform the following steps:
Steps to track the status of GST Registration application without login into the GST portal
1. Visit https://www.gst.gov.in [Click to open]
2. Click the Services Tab > Registration > Track Application Status command.
3. In the ARN field, enter the ARN received on your e-mail address when you submitted the registration application.
4. Enter the captcha text as below
5. Click the SEARCH button.
The system will show the status of your application on the screen. Please refer to various “application status types” in the below subtopic.
GST Login id password Creation
In order to create a GST login id and password on the GST portal, you must apply for new GST Registration. Follow the below steps to create a GST login id and password once your GST registration application is approved by the GST officials.
1. You will receive an email(shown below) from the GST department with your username and password, once the application is approved.
2. Now visit www.gst.gov.in website
3. Click on login (right-hand side). You will see the below window on your screen.
4. Now click on the below link provided in the “First-time login” line, which exists below the forgot password link.
5. You will see the next screen below
6. Enter the username and password (received at step no. 1 ) in the above “provisional ID/GSTIN/UIN” details field.
7. Click on the login button
8. On the next step you will see the below window on your screen. Now enter the new username and password as per your choice. Ensure you follow the requirements specified for the new username and password.
9. Click on Submit. You will see a success message
10. Now you can enter the new user id/username and password to log in future.
You may view the below video to see how to log in for the first time on the Goods and Service Tax portal.
ARN Status Checking after GST Login
Post-GST login is a process where a person can track the status of the application after login into the GST portal. To view the status of your ARN after login into GST Portal, perform the following steps:
Steps to track the status of GST Registration application after login into the GST portal
1. Open https://www.gst.gov.in in your internet browser
2. log in to the GST Portal with your valid username and password.
3. Click on the Services Tab> Registration > Track Application Status command.
By using ARN:
a) In the ARN field, enter your ARN and click on the Search button. The Application Status will be displayed on the screen
By Entering the Submission Period:
a) Enter the Submission Period of the application using the calendar and click on the SEARCH button. You will see the status of your application.
Login using Temporary Reference Number(TRN)
Perform the below steps to track the status of the registration application after logging into the GST Portal using the Temporary Reference Number (TRN).
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Go to https://www.gst.gov.in/ URL
- Click on the REGISTER NOW link
- Choose to select the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) option
- In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, enter the TRN number
- Click on the PROCEED button
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and email address
- Click on the PROCEED button
The “My Saved Application page” is displayed. Now you can see the current status of the application under the Status column.
How to check GST ARN Status by using TRN?
Whenever you submit the new GST registration application, you receive an ARN number. You can refer to the above paragraph to check the application status by entering the ARN number. However, in many cases, you may want to check the status by entering the TRN number. Below are the steps to check the TRN status.
1. Access the www.gst.gov.in URL.
2. From the Home page Click the Services > Registration > New Registration option.
3. Click on the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) option. Enter the TRN received.
4. Enter the Captcha details and click on the PROCEED button
5. Enter the OTP you received on your mobile number and email address given in the application
6. On the next screen “My Saved Application page”, you can check the current status of the new registration application under the Status column
Application Status types
1. ARN Generated – Status of TRN on application submission
2. Pending for Processing – The Registration Application was successfully filed
3. Provisional – The Status of GSTIN, From Create challan (in case of Casual Taxable Person) till Registration Application is approved.
4. Pending for Validation – From submission till ARN is generated
5. Validation Error – In case the validation fails, on submission of the Application until ARN is generated
Amendments to Core Fields
1. Pending for Processing – From the filing of the Amendment of Application and ARN generated
2. Pending for Validation – After submission of the Amendment Application until ARN is generated
3. Validation Error – In case the validation fails, from submission of the Amendment Application until ARN is generated
You will receive your login credentials once your GST registration application is approved by GSTN. Therefore you should use these credentials to log in to the GST portal to perform all future activities on the GST portal. You can do the same by visiting the GST portal page at www.gst.gov.in and clicking on the “Login” option as shown below:
You may read our article on the GST portal to know more activities of the GST website. This article is on the process of GST portal login and online information on Goods and service tax. GST portal login online information will help you to track your GST registration application status.
Importance of GST Login
The GST system entirely depends on IT infrastructure and no manual activities are entertained except a few. Therefore processing of returns, registration, and asking for a refund, payments, etc has to be performed online only. Thus, this can be done only by login in through its GST portal at the www.gst.gov.in website.
Registration at the GST portal
The taxpayers who need GST registration must apply and obtain GST registration online through the www.GST.GOV.IN website. Thus, GST registration is compulsory in India for all taxpayers having an aggregate turnover of more than Rs.20 lakhs per annum. Further, the taxpayers having inter-state sales or sales through the e-commerce portal may also have to obtain GST registration, irrespective of the turnover criteria.
Similarly, the entire GST registration process can be completed online on the WWW.GST.GOV.IN portal within 20-25 minutes. Also, registration is completely free and one need not have to pay any registration fees online. However, if you are appointing any professional to get this work done, he may charge his fees.
GST login Id and password Change
You must have the GST login id and password to enter the GST portal. Anytime you want to change the GST login password, follow the below steps:
1. Visit the GST portal at www.gst.gov.in
2. Enter your existing user id and password and click on the login button.
3. Click on the “Change password” link from the left-hand menu.
4. The change password screen will open
5. Fill in your old password, Enter the new password, confirm it, and click the change password button.
6. That’s it! you will see the success confirmation message.
How do you Recover your GST login username, if forgotten?
if you forgot your GST login id or username, you have to follow the below steps to recover it.
1. Visit www.gst.gov.in >> Click on the login link
2. The login screen will open
3. click on forgot username or forgot password link
4. If you click on forgot username, the system will ask you to enter the GSTIN/UIN/Provisional id
5. Thereafter the system will send the OTP to the primary authorized signatory. As soon as you enter the OTP, the system will send the username to the registered email id.
How to reset the GST Portal login password, if forgotten?
If you lost your GST portal login password then you have to follow the given steps.
1. Open the GST portal >> Click on the login link
2. Click on the Forgot password link as shown in the above section.
3. Enter your username on the next screen
4. Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.
5. The system will open the password reset screen, once the OTP gets confirmed.
GST Login for Existing users
In order to log in to the GST portal in an internet browser, your computer must meet the below requirements.
- Internet Explorer version must be 10+ and above
- The browser should support CSS
- Must have installed JAVA software
Here is the step-by-step guide to login into the GST portal for Existing users.
1. Visit www.gst.gov.in website
2. Click on the Login link (Right-hand side in the upper corner)
3. Fill in your username, password, and characters shown in the image
4. Click on the Login button
5. You will see the dashboard of your profile with links to various services
How to E waybill Login?
In Order to log in to e way bill portal, you must have a valid user id and password. Here are the quick steps to log in to the GST’s e-way bill.
1. Visit https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/
2. Click on the login link on the right-hand side of your computer.
3. Enter the user name, password, and Captcha code, and click on the login button
4. After successful validation, the e-way bill system will take you to the dashboard.
Learn more about the e-way bill login guide.
Check Aggregate Turnover after GST login
Now you can check your Aggregate turnover of PAN India business on the GST portal. Here is how to do it?
- Go to gst.gov.in >> Click on Login
- Enter your Login id and password
- Click on the login button
- Click on Continue to Dashboard
- On the next screen, you will see the Aggregate Turnover
29.11.2022: The GSTN has come up with the enhanced version of GSTR-1/IFF to improve the taxpayer experience as stated below:
- Reorganized GSTR-1 Dashboard
- Table/Tile Document Counts
- Enhancement in B2B and CDNR table/tile
- Records per page feature
- Steps to file GSTR-1/IFF
28.11.2022: GST portal update: The Taxpayers can now withdraw their application for cancellation of registration (filed in Form REG-16). However, this is subject to the tax officer has not taken any action on it yet.
Latest Trends on GST
26.11.2022: october 2022 gross GST collection stands at ₹ 1,51,718 crore 2nd highest ever.
03.09.2021: The Supreme Court directs the Association of DNB doctors to approach Delhi High Court in a plea against the imposition of 18% GST on fees deposited by DNB candidates. – Live law
31.08.2021: Mr. Harsh Goenka tweets “Did you know that round papad is exempt from GST and square papad attracts GST? Can anyone suggest a good chartered accountant who can make me understand the logic?
CBIC replies Papad, by whatever name is known, is exempt from GST Taxation. This has reference to Entry No. 96 of GST notification No.2/2017-CT(R). This entry does not distinguish based on the shape of the papad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How to log in GST portal with the TRN number?
Answer 1: Visit www.gst.gov.in >> Click on Register Now >> Select TRN option >> Enter TRN and proceed.
Question 2: How to create a GST login id and password?
Answer 2: Go to www.gst.gov.in >> Click on Services >> Registration >> New Registration >> Complete the process to receive login details.
Question 3: How to get a login id and password?
Answer 3: To get a Goods and service tax login id and password you need to register on the online GST portal.
Question 4: How new users can log in to the GST portal?
Answer 4: By using the TRN number new users can log in to the GST portal.
Question 5: What is the username in log in?
Answer 5: The username in GST login is created by the user while doing registration on the GST portal.
Question 6: How to log in as a GST practitioner?
Answer 6: Register yourself as a GST Practitioner on the GST portal and log in.
Question 7. What to do if the GST login is locked?
Answer 7: You can click on forgot user name or forgot password below the login button on the GST portal.
General Post Login Questions
ARN is an Application Reference Number provided On the submission of the registration application on the GST Portal.
Application Reference Number
1. Go to GST portal >> Services >> Registration >> Track application status
2. Select the ARN option >> Enter the ARN number >> Type the code as displayed on the screen >> Click on Search
The ARN details show to you the status of your GST registration application.
1. Visit GST Portal >> Click on REGISTER NOW
2. Select the Temporary Reference Number(TRN) option >> Enter the TRN received.
3. Click the PROCEED button.
4. Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number.