The Government of India started to issue E shram card to labour of the unorganized sector. Thus, the eshram card is an identity of unorganized labor in India. The registration of e shram card can be done only if you do not have EPF and ESIC registration. You can register yourself online through the portal and avail good benefits. The Eshram card holder is eligible to receive Rs 1000 or Rs 3000/- Per Month after attaining the age of 60 years.
Further, we have given below the complete process of online registration, status checking, download, and updates of e-shram card.
- What is E shram Card?
- Benefits >> Registration >> Apply Online
- Eligibility >> Update Eshram >> Download
- Payment Status >> Latest News >> FAQ
Benefits of e shram card
A new web portal has been created by the Ministry of Labor and Employment in India for unorganized workers. Thus, through this portal, the registrations of unorganized labor will be sent to the Central Government and e-shram cards will be made available to all working-class people. Similarly, this is the first such national database of unorganized workers which includes migrant workers, gig and other platform workers are included. Below is the list of top benefits of having e shram card in India.
- Accidental Insurance cover of 2 Lacs under PMSBY
- All the social security benefits of unorganized workers will be delivered through this card
- In situations such as emergencies and national epidemics, the database can be used to provide necessary assistance to eligible unorganized workers.
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Pension Scheme (PM-SYM)
- Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Insurance Scheme (PMJJBY)
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Public Distribution System (PDS)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Rural (PMAY-G)
- National Social Assistance Program (NSAP) – Old Age Protection
- Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
- Health Insurance Scheme (HIS) for Vinkars.
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
Eligibility to apply for E shram Card
The best thing is that the online process of applying for this card is very easy. On the other hand, there are not many conditions to apply for the e shram card. Thus, any worker who is unorganized and aged between 16-59, is eligible to register on the eSHRAM portal.
Which is the unorganized sector?
The unorganized sector includes establishments/units which produce/sell goods/services and employ less than 10 workers. Also, these units are not covered under ESIC and EPFO. Therefore, only such units that meet the above requirements can register on the e shram portal.
e shram card registration
Registration is a must to obtain the e-shram card. Thus, unorganized workers can register themselves through the Sahayak approach by visiting the eSHRAM portal or by visiting the nearest CSC. Below is the list of documents required for registration.
- aadhaar number
- Mobile Number, Aadhaar Linked
- Bank account
- Note – If you do not have an Aadhaar-linked mobile number, you can visit the nearest CSC and register through biometric authentication.
e shram card self-registration
You can make self-registration for this card online through the eshram portal. Once, you complete the registration, you will able to download the card immediately on the same day. Thus, you do not require its approval or take more days to receive the card.
How to apply for e shram card online?
Time needed: 30 minutes
Follow the below step-by-step process to apply for the card online.
- Visit the website at https://eshram.gov.in/
- Click on “Register on Eshram”
you can find this link on the right-hand side of the webpage. Also, you can use this link to update the details of your existing card.
- Enter the Aadhar-linked mobile number and other details
Please note that you should not have already registered with EPFO and ESCI to continue with the self-registration. Hence, the send OTP button will work only when you select No to EPFO and ESCI.
- Enter the OTP and click submit
- Fill in the “Aadhar Number” and other details
once you fill in the details, click to accept the terms and conditions and click on submit button.
- Enter your personal details on the next screen
- Preview the application before Clicking on Submit
Here you will able to see all the details you have entered in the application.
- Click on the “Submit” button
if you think the information you entered is correct then only you to click on submit.
- Enter the ‘OPT’ and Click on verify
Once you click on submit you will receive the OTP to verify.
- Click on “Download UAN card”
e shram Card Update
As we all know that the database of all the workers of the country is being prepared by the government. So that the benefits of the ongoing beneficial schemes run by the government can be extended to all of them. And in case of an emergency like the Kovid-19 epidemic, help can be provided to them. For this, e-labor cards are being provided to all unorganized workers.
If there is any shortcoming/mistake in your e-labor card at the time of online registration for any reason, then this mistake can be rectified very easily through online mediums. To make corrections to your information, you need to complete the following process. Which is as follows:
1. Visit https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/uan-login
2. Enter the details shown in the below picture
3. Click on Generate OTP
4. Enter the new OTP received on your mobile number. And click on “Validate”.
5. Now you will see two options UPDATE PROFILE and DOWNLOAD UAN CARD
6. Click on the “UPDATE PROFILE” button.
7. Now all the information filled by you while filling out the form will open in front of you.
8. Select the option you want to correct.
9. Now make the necessary corrections in the Card details.
10. After making the necessary corrections, click on “Save”.
11. Details will be updated in your e-Shram UAN Card
Download e shram Card
Do you want to download an E-Shram Card online and print it? If yes then you are reading the correct article. There may be various times when you may want to download the PDF file and keep it safe with you.
Similarly, after Eshram Card Registration, due to many reasons, you could not able to download the card. Also, there may be an issue with your photo appearing or there is an error in your name or address on the card. Thus, due to the above reason, you will have to download the eshram card again. In order to download the card follow eshram card Update steps no. 1 – 5.
e shram card payment status
For the benefit of laborers and workers in the unorganized sector, the central government has started e-Shram Portal at eshram.gov.in. On the request of the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, lakhs of workers registered with the -Shram Card 2022 and included in the benefits of the scheme. Its a time now to receive Rs. 1000 payment for this scheme holder.
All the employees are currently waiting for the publication of the Eshram Card 2nd week of 2022, which will include the list of all the beneficiaries and their names.
Highlights of payment status
|Name of Card
|E Shram Card
|Rs 1000/- monthly assistance and Insurance
|E Shram Card Installment List Date
|Shramik Card Payment Date
|Mode of Transfer
|Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)
|Type of Post
|E Shram Card Payment Status Check Online
How to check the payment status?
- Use your mobile or computer to access eshram.gov.in
- Click on the e-Aadhaar card beneficiary status link when it is available on the portal
- After that, enter your labor card number, UAN number, or Aadhaar card number.
- After entering these details, you will see the E Shram Payment Status of 2022.
Latest News Update
16.03.2023: As of 13.03.2023, 2.79 crore domestic & household workers have registered on the e-ashram portal out of which 2.67 crore are women. Similarly, as on 10th March 2023, a total of 28.64 crore unorganized workers have been registered on the eShram portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Who can apply for e shram card?
Answer 1: It can be applied by unorganized sector workers.
Q2. What is e shram card registration’s last date?
Answer 2: There is no last date for the registration process. A person can apply for online registration at any time and the portal is open 24×7.
Q3. What is the use of eshram card?
Answer 3. The holder of this card gets 2 lakh accidental benefits. see more e shram card benefits.
Q4. What is e shram official website?
Answer 4. The official website is https://eshram.gov.in/
Q5. What is e shram age limit?
Answer 5. The age of the applicant should be between 16-59 years.