The Directorate of Income Tax is governed by the Central Board of Direct Taxes(CBDT). It serves as a department of revenue working under the Ministry of Finance in India. The Central Government’s Website of the Income tax is www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
Further, there are state level websites of directorate of income tax in various states in India. The taxpayers can get various information on the above online website like:
- Organizational setup
- Law and rules on the Tax system
- International taxation
- Information about PAN, TAN, TDS & Form16
- About Tax information network
- Tax Return Prepare Scheme (TRPS),
- Aaykar Sampark Kendra (ASK)
- Taxpayers Information
Income Tax Return Filing Website
There is another online website of Directorate of Income Tax for Return filing purposes. Thus, the official website for income tax return filing is www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. The taxpayers need to login to this website to perform return filing activities. This includes below:
- File Income Tax Returns
- Download income tax Forms (online/offline)
- To get New PAN Card
- Download the PAN card
- Income Tax Calculator
- Income Tax online payment
- Latest News and updates
- Download Return preparation softwares
- DSC management software
How to login at Income Tax Site?
- Visit at www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click on the “Login Here” option
- Enter your PAN number in “user id”
- Fill in the password
- Type the Captcha code
- Over a period of many years, the Income Tax Return (ITR) filing has been made very simple and easy.
- Efiling of returns has been made compulsory instead of manual submission.
- A simplified version of ITR-1 for salaried employees has been implemented.
- E-verification of ITR by taxpayers with Aadhar Card or Bank details.