How to calculate distance in kilometers to put in E way bill ?
Person generating e way bill has to put approximate distance in kilometers while generating e way bill. If the said distance is not enough then there is a provision in GST rules to update the distance in e way bill in transit.
Follow below steps to calculate e way distance from the place of a consignor to the place of the consignee or up to the place of transporter place of business.
E way bill distance Calculator steps
1) Visit Google Maps
2) Click on directions
3) Enter PIN Code number of Starting point i.e Consignor place of business
4) Enter PIN Code number of Endpoint i.e Consignee place of business and press Enter key
5) You will see below information on the screen.
6) you can see two suggestion. 1st distance suggested is 19.20 kilometer and the 2nd one is 20.3 kilometer.
7) We suggest you enter the distance in roundup figures in e way bill. for Eg. instead of 19.20km, you can enter 20km or 21km.