Since the enrollment application went live, many issues, one particular issue that has been reported in significant numbers was pertaining to PAN validation error while applying for GST registration. After submitting the application user gets the below email from the GST portal:
This is in reference to the Application for Enrolment of Existing Taxpayers submitted at the GST portal. It is observed that the details of the following PANs are not matched with the CBDT database. Kindly fill in the details as per PAN details and resubmit the Form. Details of the PANs are as under:
1. (mismatched PAN)
2. (mismatched PAN)
In view of the above discrepancies, the Form is considered incomplete. Please resubmit the Form with the correct details.
In short, it says the PAN card data that you have entered on the GST portal does not match with the CBDT(Central Board of Direct Taxes) database. whereas the user says they have entered the data as per the PAN card only.
What is CBDT Database?
The CBDT database means the “Central Board of Direct Taxes” database. Thus, the CBDT database’s full form is “Central Board of Direct Taxes”. This is the database where every individual PAN card details are stored in the Income-tax records.
Thus, whenever any website connects to an income tax database for verification of PAN card details, the Income-tax site checks its record to know, whether the details received are matching with its existing records or not. If the details do not match then the website where you entered the details will say CBDT database pan mismatch, PAN does not exist, and CBDT database mismatch.
PAN not matched with CBDT database – Solution:
We are providing herewith a simple solution to this problem. It is possible that the name that appears on your pan card is slightly different than on the income tax database site. Therefore first try to find out what is there in the database:
1. Go to the Income-tax e-filing site (Click here)
2. Click on “Verify your PAN details” (click here)
3. Enter your PAN Number, Full Name, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number and Click on Continue.
4. If the details entered above are matching with the income tax database, then you will see a “PAN is Active and the details are matching with PAN database“. On the other hand if not matched, then you will see a message saying Not matching.
How to write full Name?
Ans: Please see the below format for entering the full name. You must enter the first name in the first place, the middle name in the second place, and the surname and the third place. For eg. in the below scenario, the Full name is Manish Rajesh Kumar.
Therefore if your PAN card is printed with all three names then you should enter them in the same sequence. In case your PAN does not contain a middle name then do not enter it on the website.
5. Enter the date of birth, Status, and Captcha code, and hit the submit button.
6. If you have entered the correct details, you will see the below screen which states your data matches with the income tax database. Therefore you should enter these details in the same sequence on the GST portal.
7. If you see the below message then it is clear that you are not entering the details as per the database of income tax. Therefore try entering the correct details till you see the above message.
The above details are stored in the income tax database in the following manner. However, the income tax site does not display this data in the following manner. Therefore the only way is to verify the PAN details as explained above.
8. Above details exist in the CBDT database. Now check your information entered on the GST portal. kindly ensure that the data entered on the GST portal must match exactly as above in the CBDT database like First name, Middle Name, and Surname. For eg., if the middle name is blank on CBDT then you should keep the middle name blank on the GST portal also.
Once you match your data as per the CBDT, a PAN error should not arise on the GST portal. If you are still facing the same issue then contact your PAN card center and request them to verify the details. It might be possible that your PAN card did not print all details as in the income tax database.
Please write in comments if still, the problem persists. we will try to resolve if any further issues arise related to this article.
PAN is active but details are not matching
If you ever come across the error “pan is active but details are not matching with income-tax database” then follow the below steps.
Time needed: 5 minutes
- Open your filed income tax return(ITR) of the previous period.
- Check how the Full name is printed on the front page of the ITR
- Check the mobile number and date of birth printed on this return
- Enter the details accordingly on the GST portal
We tried to find a possible solution for this error. We found that there is nothing you can do, beyond this from your end. Therefore we request you to call on the below customer service number of NSDL or write an email to them. Kindly provide the PAN/15 digit Acknowledgement number, whenever you coordinate with them. We hope that after receipt of your query they will resolve it from their end.
Resolve common errors like “unable to connect to the installed emsigner” . The system asks the taxpayer to close any other application running on the following ports 1585, 2095, 2568, 2868, 4587. Also, it says to restart the system and try again. more
Know how to download emsigner for MCA, GST, and Traces to use with DSC signing. The emsigner utility is completely free. Hence, it can be downloaded without paying any fees. more
The GST Portal has provided a free online utility to search the GST number of any taxpayer registered under GST. The utility allows searching the GST number by entering the PAN details of the customer. more
Check out the GST calculation formula in the excel sheet. You may also download the excel file to compute tax liability. The utility allows entering ITC and tax details. more
Learn how to check the GST payment status online. Know how to generate an online challan for payment. more
About “PAN not matched with CBDT” error
This article will resolve the cbdt database validation error on the GST portal. You may search this article by typing “cbdt database GST”, “how to validate pan in cbdt database”, “cbdt database pan verification” or “cbdt database pan details” from search option. Learn how to validate pan and legal name in cbdt database or pan and legal name validating with cbdt database solution.
Subscribe to our latest post to receive GST updates as of the date in your inbox.